For the past few years I’ve had trouble with my digestion and over time it has been gradually getting worse. I always assumed it would just sort itself out and it wasn’t until about a year ago that I began a bit of a mission to heal it.
Since then, I’ve tried many different avenues. The most beneficial change has come from transitioning to a vegan diet and eating mainly whole foods. As well as working with my naturopath to use supplements and trial a low-FODMAP diet to identify reactive foods.
A few weeks ago I decided to try a two day gut-healing juice cleanse from Karmic Cold Pressed Juices. Being the only juice bar in Melbourne that offers low-fructose cleanses (with no more than 5% fructose), I was interested to try it.
The aim of this cleanse is to reduce bloating, promote gut healing and reduce inflammation. I wanted to give my digestive system a break and encourage healing.
What’s included each day in the cleanse:
1 x Morning Zing – Lemons, Ginger, Cinnamon, Mint and Filtered Water
Increase metabolism + kick-start digestion
1 x Berry Digestive – Slippery Elm, Psyllium Husk, Coconut Water, Season Berry and Water
Soothe Digestive Tract + Anti Inflammatory + Reduce Gut Bloating
2 x Leafy Green – Kale, Cucumber, Spinach, Celery and Lemon
Phytonutrients + Vit A, K, C for anti-aging and cell repair
1 x Red Raw – Beetroot, Carrot, Celery and Lemon
Antioxidants + Nitrates to increase metabolism and energy
1 x Pumpkin Bliss Soup –
Vit C + Beta-Carotene + Anti-Inflammatory to rejuvenate Skin
1 x Botanical Chia Tea – Hibiscus, Liquorice Root, Filtered Water and Chia Seed
Balance hormones + Reduce fatigue
1 x Sun Glow – Capsicum, Carrot, Lemon, Ginger and Celery
To keep my cleanse vegan, I had the Sun Glow instead of the Bee Pollen Almond Milk blend.
What I love about this cleanse:
- Low fructose
- Gut healing ingredients
- Over 8kg of produce used
- Having a warm soup for dinner was really satisfying
- The juices are spaced out 90 minutes apart throughout the day so your blood sugar levels stay stable and there aren’t long gaps where hunger sets in.
- Karmic recommend taking it easy while cleansing with only walking, yoga and stretching so that’s just what I did. I gave myself permission to really listen to my body and only exercise if I felt up to it. Stress is a major player when it comes to digestive complaints. I notice when my life is getting a little crazy that my bloating flares up.
How I felt after:
- My skin was clearer, even after just a few days.
- I kicked my coffee addiction. Before the cleanse I was having a coffee each morning and felt like I relied on it for my daily energy.
- The 3pm sugar cravings disappeared.
- A dramatic reduction in bloating.
- My energy was more stable. During the cleanse I did experience headaches and felt quite lethargic.
- I felt as though I had used the reset button for my body.
Would I recommend it?
Yes! I believe that seasonal cleanses do the body a world of good. If you are experiencing bloating, cravings or feel like your body could do with a detox, shoot them an email or give them a call.